'In this way I shall preserve many things that would otherwise be lost in oblivion. I shall find daily employment for myself, which will save me from indolence and help to keep off the spleen, and I shall lay up a store of entertainment for my after life.'

For James Boswell posts please follow the labels on the right.

This blog mainly contains reviews from the Edinburgh Festivals from 2008 to 2010 which I wrote for the Edinburgh Festivals Magazine. These reviews cover everything from comedy to contemporary dance; children's theatre to Handel.


Sunday 23 October 2011

The Greatest Bubble Show on Earth Review

The Greatest Bubble Show on Earth

It’s quite astonishing what ‘Amazing Bubble Man’ can do with a coat hanger, some straws and washing up liquid.

The show is veritably soaked with things you can do with bubbles. Enveloping kids in giant bubbles, creating bubbles on heads and getting drenched in the process, Bubble Man is surely being helped along by some Fairies and their magical liquid.

The heights of Bubble man’s talent are surely his ability to create a square bubble rotating inside six larger bubbles. This is probably the equivalent of painting the ceiling of the Sistine Chapel in the world of bubble based entertainment.  

Remarkable stuff from a performer as adept at entertaining adults as he is kids.

* * * *

No comments:

Post a Comment