'In this way I shall preserve many things that would otherwise be lost in oblivion. I shall find daily employment for myself, which will save me from indolence and help to keep off the spleen, and I shall lay up a store of entertainment for my after life.'

For James Boswell posts please follow the labels on the right.

This blog mainly contains reviews from the Edinburgh Festivals from 2008 to 2010 which I wrote for the Edinburgh Festivals Magazine. These reviews cover everything from comedy to contemporary dance; children's theatre to Handel.


Sunday 23 October 2011

Dude Where’s my Teddy Bear? Review

Dude Where’s my Teddy Bear?

Max has lost his Teddy Bear. Silly Max. He’s looked here and he’s looked there, but can’t seem to find it anywhere. Oh Dear. Max has also woken up in his clothes and can’t even remember what he was doing the night before. Naughty Max.

Max decides to go to the beach with his grandma in search of teddy. He still can’t find it. Help is at hand, however, in the rotund shape of the surfer Dude. Grandma waits while the Dude and Max disappear off in search of Teddy.

Not finding anything on the beach, and seeing a rocket nearby, Max and the Dude hitch a lift to the moon with a robot into rock and roll, where they subsequently stumble across a giant purple moon gerbil. Max has forgotten to take his medication again. Silly Max.

Good interactive kids’ theatre with songs, dances and a reasonably plausible plot.

* * *                                                      

No comments:

Post a Comment